Preventative care is an essential aspect of your pet’s health. Through preventative pet services, your veterinarian can help your furry friend enjoy better health at every stage of his life. If you live in East Dallas, Lochwood, Lake Highland, or Lakewood, bring your pet to White Rock Animal Hospital for the preventative care services he needs to enjoy optimal health.
Preventative Care Services
Preventative care is much more than visiting your veterinarian annually for vaccinations or parasite control. Our preventative care program includes such comprehensive pet services as:
- Wellness exams to detect early signs of sickness and disease so your pet can get immediate treatment
- Diagnostics in the form of blood work, urine and fecal tests, and radiology to uncover signs of internal health issues
- Vaccinations to protect your pet against life-threatening diseases
- Heartworm testing and prevention
- Parasite control
- Dental care to help your pet maintain good oral health
- Spay and neuter surgeries to prevent unwanted pregnancies and protect your pet from reproductive infections and tumors
- Nutritional counseling to help you choose healthy pet foods that contribute to your pet’s growth and development
The Importance of Pet Preventative Care
Like people, pets are susceptible to developing health issues. Your pet’s diet, exercise habits, and lifestyle play a key role in maintaining good health. Through annual pet exams, your vet can monitor your pet’s health and recommend changes to his diet or lifestyle that pose a risk to his health. During the wellness exam, your vet can also detect early warning signs of abnormalities in your pet’s health so we can treat these problems before they escalate into major health issues.
Keeping your pet healthy is better than trying to cure him once he’s sick. Even small health problems can take a toll on your pet’s health over time. Early detection and treatment of health issues put your pet in a better position to recover quicker from a sickness, medical issue, or injury.
Preventative pet services are even more important for senior pets, as older pets are more susceptible to developing serious health issues like cancer, diabetes, and kidney disease. Through extensive blood work and diagnostic testing, your veterinary specialist can catch these diseases early enough to manage their symptoms, to make life easier for your pet.
Bring Your Pet to White Rock Animal Hospital for Preventative Veterinary Care
Preventative pet services can extend the lifespan of your furry friend and improve his quality of life, so you can enjoy each other’s company for years to come. If it has been a while since your dog or cat has seen a veterinarian and you live in or around East Dallas, Lochwood, Lake Highland, or Lakewood, call our team today at (214) 328-3255 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.